Hello,
I have tried several options but I only get error messages, I appreciate
the support on how to insert the UITimer API.
My code:

 final DefaultListModel<String> lmArticulos = new DefaultListModel<>();
        AutoCompleteTextField atArticulo = new
AutoCompleteTextField(lmArticulos) {

            @Override
            protected boolean filter(String text) {

                UITimer timer = new UITimer(new Runnable() {
                    public void run() {

                    }
                });
                timer.schedule(1000, true, fmArticulo);

                if (text.length() == 0) {
                    return false;
                }

                ArrayList l = dT.leeInformacionRegistro(text,
ARTICULO_LEE_NOMBRE_REGISTRO);
                if (l.isEmpty() || l.size() == 0) {
                    return false;
                }
                lmArticulos.removeAll();
                Vector vArticulo = new Vector();
                for (int i = 0; i < l.size(); i++) {
                    Map<String, String> d = (Map<String, String>) l.get(i);
                    lmArticulos.addItem(d.get("art_nombre"));
                    Articulo aRt = new Articulo();
                    aRt.setArticulo((String) d.get("art_articulo_id"));
                    aRt.setNombre((String) d.get("art_nombre"));
                    aRt.setTamano((String) d.get("art_tamano"));
                    vArticulo.addElement(aRt);
                }
                dT.setTemporal(vArticulo);
                return true;