That was a mistake. I didn't see it in the test case since there was no
scrolling. I guess the fix would be to keep a single listener for the
entire row and update the selected state on the component.
E.g.

Map<Integer, ActionListener> rowListeners;

Then bind the listener for a specific row or create it. This solution will
also need to keep the currently selected components so we can remove the
selection from them. It's a bit of a hassle so it's not something I can
whip up quickly right now.