The desktop build uses a JDK that's packaged in the install. We need to
update it but ideally we'd want to go to something much newer e.g. OpenJDK
11 with the new AoT compiler.
The challenge here is preventing the newer JDK from conflicting with older
code we have on the servers so this isn't something we can pick up for this
iteration.
Please file an issue and we'll try to address it for 7.0.