1. We don't currently expose the underlying API for the underlying picker
UI. The main reason behind that is that pickers are sometimes implemented
natively and this will cause some issues. We might expose the underlying
lightweight picker implementation in a future update which will allow for
more control.

2. You can just add a label next to a picker in the layout or you can use
PickerComponent which is a sibling of TextComponent and works in the
TextModeLayout system.