> Furthermore there is no such complex case as you seem to be thinking. The
issue is very simple:
> text is selectable where it should not be (pointerEvents='none' on
iFrame), and this leads to mouse events being captured by the system and
not the BC or the CN layer, or viceversa, I do not know.

That is not a simple case.  You're mixing event models between web and
CN1.  It's incredibly complex.

I recommend you isolate your Javascript web portion so that you can test it
on each platform you target without CN1.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 6:34 AM 'P5music' via CodenameOne Discussions <
codenameone-discussions@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> on device.  You should use the Chrome debugging tools to debug the webview
>> in the simulator and on Android device.
>> 3. Most important:  When developing complex JS your life will be easier
>> if you can structure it so that you can test it independently from the
>> Codename One app.  Create your HTML and javascript, host it on a server
>> (even localhost - but not file:///), and test it in the web browsers of the
>> platforms you want to support.  In your case you're looking for specific
>> behaviour related to events (whether text should be selected in response to
>> a mouse event, etc..), so it may take a little tweaking to get it perfect
>> in an HTML only sandbox.  Once you have it working, then you can plug in
>> the CodenameOne piece.
>> An intermediate step before fully integrating your JS with your Codename
>> One app, is to *just* load the HTML page in a Browser component without any
>> communication between Java and Javascript. See if any functionality that
>> works in the platform browser app breaks when run inside a BrowserComponent.
>> After that is working perfectly, you're ready to add the java <->
>> javascript communication piece.
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 2:50:14 AM UTC-8 P5music wrote:
>>
>>> I created a test case but before filing an issue I have to point out
>>> what follows. (You find the relevant code below)
>>> The test app features a CEF BrowserComponent with some text inside.
>>> Text lines are not so long horizontally to fill the view, so the right
>>> part is empty.
>>> Also the bottom part is empty because only a few text lines are in the
>>> HTML.
>>>
>>> On the Android device:
>>> I can click on text and I have the mousedown/mouseup sequence (events
>>> are fired and callbacks are issued).
>>> I can click on the empty part on the right and I have the
>>> mousedown/mouseup sequence (events are fired and callbacks are issued).
>>>
>>> If I click on the empty part on the bottom I have no callbacks.
>>>
>>> If I long-press on the text the Android text-selection interface appears.
>>> If I long-press on the empty part on the right no callbacks are issued
>>> (this is the issue this thread is about but it is entwined with something
>>> else, read on).
>>>
>>> I remind that the empty part on the right is a DIV with the callbacks on
>>> it.
>>> And the bottom part is really empty.
>>>
>>> Sofor my app to work
>>> -the text should not be selectable in the BrowserComponent because in my
>>> app the long-press on any iFrame in the list is just for launching the
>>> pop-up menu.
>>> -the long-press events should be issued also on the text, if present in
>>> the iFrames.
>>>
>>> How to have those two specs satisfied?
>>> It seems that there are two questions, one is maybe the simplest to
>>> solve, the other is maybe a bug to file an issue about.

>>> current.show();
>>> return;
>>> }
>>> Form hi = new Form("Hi World");
>>> hi.setLayout(new BorderLayout());
>>> hi.add(BorderLayout.NORTH,new Label("Hi World"));
>>> BrowserComponent bc=new BrowserComponent();
>>>
>>> bc.addWebEventListener("onLoad", new ActionListener() {
>>> @Override
>>> public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent evt) {
>>> System.out.println("onload");
>>> bc.addJSCallback("var div=document.getElementById('divId');" +
>>> "callMouseDown =function(){callback.onSuccess('mousedown');};callMouseUp
>>> =function(){callback.onSuccess('mouseup');};"+
>>> "div.addEventListener('mousedown', function () {"+
>>> "callMouseDown();"+
>>> "div.addEventListener('mouseup', function () {"+
>>> "callMouseUp();"+

--
Steve Hannah
Web Lite Solutions Corp.