Our picker looks native on iOS and can be customized to look more native.
It's more functional than the native picker and doesn't have as many
issues. If there's an issue with the L&F or functionality in the the
lightweight picker we need to address that issue, not the "nativeness"
which as I said, failed with literally every release of the OS.

Text selection is possible:
https://www.codenameone.com/blog/lightweight-text-selection.html