GitHub user DaveBirdsall opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/pull/760

    [TRAFODION-2267] Fix ALTER TABLE RENAME documentation

    Problem: The SQL Reference manual describes a CASCADE keyword for ALTER
TABLE RENAME, however if you try to use it, you get error message 1427, "Table
cannot be renamed. Reason: Cascade option not supported."

    Supporting this option seems like a fair amount of work, so for the moment,
we've simply removed mention of CASCADE from the SQL reference manual.

    While working on this issue, I noticed that the DDL messages section of the
Messages Guide is woefully out-of-date. Among other things, it lacks several
messages including the message 1427 mentioned above. Fixing all of that is a
big job, but with this set of changes I did a small part of it. I added
documentation for messages 1420-1429.

    While doing this I noticed that ALTER TABLE RENAME to an invalid HBase name
produced a very ugly 8448 error (unlike CREATE TABLE and DROP TABLE which
produce a nice tidy error 1422 in this case). I fixed the error reporting code
in ALTER TABLE RENAME so that we now get the nice error 1422 instead.

    $ git pull https://github.com/DaveBirdsall/incubator-trafodion Trafodion2267

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/pull/760.patch

    This closes #760

----
commit 12ff1c4ef840c91374338ad8102f3d0c764364bb
Author: Dave Birdsall <dbirds...@apache.org>
Date:   2016-10-12T17:57:57Z

    [TRAFODION-2267] Fix ALTER TABLE RENAME documentation

----

---
with INFRA.
---