Hello,
I just joined the list as I am in the process of installing and testing collectd on one of my clients’ machines. Some of those machines are running Solaris 8 and I’ve had a hard time getting collectd to compile on this old OS. The problems I encountered: - Solaris 8 doesn’t have setenv(), which is required for the exec plugin. You must use putenv(), which is roughly equivalent and available on systems where setenv() isn't yet. - Solaris 8 has strtok_r(), but does not declare it by default. You must at compile time define __EXTENSIONS__, or _REENTRANT or _POSIX_SOURCE >= 199506L. Running ./configure --enable-standards may solves this but raises a ton of other problems... - Solaris 8 doesn't have <stdint.h>, which holds the declaration of uint64_t-like types. Those are declared in <inttypes.h> Following is an email with a patch for those problems against today's git repo. Best regards, Reynaud Aurélien _______________________________________________ collectd mailing list [email protected] http://mailman.verplant.org/listinfo/collectd
