On Apr 29, 2010, at 1:13 AM, Florian Forster wrote:

> Please note that the threshold configuration operates on the *rate* of
> counters, not on the raw counter values. So if you want to match the
> "31" from the logfile as-is, you should use a GAUGE data source for
> this. The wiki page "Data source" [0] has a thorough explanation of the
> differences.

Fantastic! Upon re-reading the docs, I think GaugeLast is what I need to be 
using. Thank you!

My next question is regarding frequency. Using the tail plugin, the tail of the 
log is being checked every 10 seconds, along with everything else. However, the 
line I'm looking for is only written every 3-4 minutes. 

With my current setup, this is leading to an "OKAY" email, followed immediately 
by a "WARNING" email every 3-4 minutes. :)

Is there a way around that in the Threshold configuration which I'm 
overlooking? Or is this a job for a Filter chain?

Thanks,
Clay

--
Clay Loveless
Founder
w: http://killersoft.com
t: @claylo




_______________________________________________
collectd mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.verplant.org/listinfo/collectd

Reply via email to