On 2010-07-11 18:48, Krzysiek Szczuka wrote:

Hi..

> I want to make a python based module for pinging multiple devices and
> store it to db..
> I've compiled collectd-4.10.0 with python plugin.. I've wrote very basic
> 'write do /dev/null' module in python, and memory usage over time grows..
> When I load only the python plugin, with no modules, it's ok, when I
> load my devnull.py, memory usage grows..

yes, that's a known bug. Every time the write or notification callback
is executed it will leak a few bytes of memory. This bug has been fixed
in the current git repository for both version 4.9 and 4.10. And just as
I was about to point to the relevant patches I noticed that version
4.10.1 was released two days ago. That should fix your problem.

Regards,
Sven