W dniu 10.08.2011 10:03, Sebastian Harl pisze:
on related topic does anyone know is it possible to filter like
"ignore values if $host in putval doesn't match reverse DNS of host
that send it" ?

That's not currently possible. That information is only available to the
'network' plugin. However, it would be possible to let the network
plugin add the remote host's IP address to all received value-lists
using the meta-data mechanism. This could then be used in a new "match"
plugin to check the reverse DNS with the hostname provided in the value-
list. Feel free to send patches ;-) I'll add a note to the wiki and
might take care of it *some* day ;-)

How about my patch from some time ago? Does not cover the use case 100% (doesn't use revdns) but should be close enough.

http://mailman.verplant.org/pipermail/collectd/2011-June/004550.html

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek