Hey!
First of all, I'm not talking for any group of people here – it's my opinion on
being part of the mailing list and using the other tools to interact with
collectd development.

I'm feeling a bit split up about using gerrit, the mailing list, mantis and
irc. I think the mailing list is a good way of getting a discussion going, but
would prefer using something "closer" to git for ease of use. Gerrit is one way
– but another way would be using github for this.

For the record; I'm not out to open a discussion about what site/software is
superior, its only my opinion.

It seems like the github mirror of the official repo –
https://github.com/octo/collectd – is accepting pull requests. I very much
enjoy using this particular functionality. Should issues end up there as well,
it would be even better. I understand the downsides of putting these things
onto a commercial site, but think its a fair tradeoff (should you mirror the
git repo locally) for ease of use and public visibility.

This isn't my choice by far. I just hope that my opinion (and perhaps some
others on this ML) turns into something that makes collaborating with collectd
even easier.

Cheers,

--
Johan Bergström