Hello,

You can read this : https://github.com/collectd/collectd/pull/691

In short :

queue_length
nb values incoming. This is what you want to limit with WriteQueueLimitHigh and WriteQueueLimitLow.

derive-dropped
this is what you drop when queue_length is greater than the limits you set. If derive-dropped is nul, either everything is going well or you set WriteQueueLimitHigh and WriteQueueLimitLow too high. If derive-dropped is never nul, your problem is either that WriteQueueLimitHigh and WriteQueueLimitLow are too low, or you have a bottleneck somewhere.

cache_size
same as "echo LISTVAL | nc -u /var/.../collectd.sock | wc -l"

Regards,
Yves