Hi all.

I'm working  to configure a central collectd + prometheus.

I want to send encrypted metrics from collectd clients to collectd
server and expose all metrics with "write_prometheus" plugin only to
localhost. Where prometheus server will scrape those metrics and
analyze them. Everything went fine until I had to scrape the metrics.
I checked metrics exposed by collectd on the local port and have the
right labels but once prometheus scrape them it change labels like
instance and substituted the actual client where metrics come from for
localhost and only show instance="localhost:9103". I need to change
this otherwise I won't be able to monitor servers and other devices.

Thanks in advance.

Eric