On 2018-11-13 12:25, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

The problem with all of this is that all the different plugins that expect different SIGCHLD behaviour are running in the same process and you can only have one behaviour for all of them. I encountered that with the Python plugin years ago, documented in the collectd-python man page. That's why https://github.com/collectd/collectd/blob/master/contrib/python/getsigchld.py exists. Note the warning about it breaking the exec plugin because it has different expectations. I'm not sure if there is any good solution for this problem.