On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:33:01 -0800 Matt Simmons <standalone.sysad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

I use write_graphite to send my collectd metrics to carbon/graphite,
and I've been going by the documentation for this plugin here:

https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:Write_Graphite

Collectd has documentation distributed within packages/sources. Use 'man collectd.conf' - that is latest version of documentation for your version.

Wiki is only wiki, it intended to share user experience and usecases. If you have one, you can modify these pages yourself (account is required). Web version of manpage is here: https://collectd.org/documentation/manpages/collectd.conf.5.shtml#plugin_write_graphite However, it is outdated too, and somebody needs to refresh it.

Thanks for using Collectd.

When I look at the source code itself, though, I see that it seems to
support the UseTags configuration directive:

https://github.com/collectd/collectd/blob/master/src/write_graphite.c#L41

From the git blame, it seems like this went in over a year ago.
https://github.com/collectd/collectd/commit/5fccaaf2d371bef9d088591c92f466f0c8edd33c

Is there something that needs to be done to re-generate the
documentation for this?

Thanks,

--Matt