Hello everybody,

we are pleased to announce the availability of a stable
bugfix release, collectd-5.9.1.

In the release process of collectd-5.9.0, we forgot to add a specific
change to the changelog, and I would like to apologize to and at the
same time to thank Romain Tartière for his change to copy MetaData
to Riemann events #3158.

Download
--------

The bugfix version is available in source-code form from collectd's
github page https://github.com/collectd/collectd/releases

The direct download link is

* https://github.com/collectd/collectd/archive/collectd-5.9.1.tar.gz

SHA-256: 51fb72f51489cb33fa4ddd65b757d81d77c13a33b36f031d6ce2835a2eec9adb

Collect-5.9.1 contains only bugfixes mentioned in the changelog below.

Thanks
------

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this version. In particular:

Dagobert Michelsen, Fabien Wernli, Pavel Rochnyak, Romain Tartière,
Takuro Ashie, zebity

ChangeLog
---------

2019-07-24, Version 5.9.1
  * collectd: redhat spec: fix build due to new upstream plugins.
    Thanks to Fabien Wernli. #3175
  * collectd: regex match: Fix unexpected match with empty meta data.
    Thanks to Takuro Ashie. #3178
  * collectd: Fix return value or loglevel for several plugins.
    Thanks to Fabien Wernli. #3182
  * collectd: Add standard include early or _FILE_OFFSET_BITS will have
    definition … .
    Thanks to Dagobert Michelsen. #3193
  * collectd: Use GCC-specific flags only when compiling with GCC.
    Thanks to Dagobert Michelsen. #3195
  * Use test_utils_proc_pids only when compiling the plugin that uses
    it.
    Thanks to Dagobert Michelsen. #3197
  * DNS plugin: Do not use headers from glibc.
    Thanks to Pavel Rochnyak. #3156, #3145
  * collectd: Add missing definitions for libnetsnmpagent.
    Thanks to Dagobert Michelsen. #3203
  * collectd: Move Makefile rules for pid_test inside conditional for
    code.
    Thanks to Dagobert Michelsen. #3206
  * collectd: Recover setlocale() call in src/daemon/collectd.c
    do_init().
    Thanks to Pavel Rochnyak. #3214, #3181
  * collectd: Add snprintf wrapper for GCC 8.2/3.
    Thanks to zebity. #3153, #2895, #3038
  * collectd: Fix bug that leads to CPPFLAGS gets overridden with CFLAGS
    when libxmms is enabled.
    Thanks to Dagobert Michelsen. #3207
  * Write_Riemann plugin: Copy MetaData to Riemann events in
    write_riemann.
    Thanks to Romain Tartière. #3158
  * virt plugin: Fix memory leak with libvirt MetadataXPath enabled.
    Thanks to Pavel Rochnyak. #3225, #3230