potiuk commented on PR #73670:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/73670#issuecomment-5823882579

   Let's see the result of the discussion 
https://lists.apache.org/thread/5k06417wrbb10hkfk8ogz8py7qgcbpqz and possibly 
VOTE if we cannot reach the consensus.
   
   I would really like to understand why "Human Summary" as a header is wrong. 
I fundamentally disagree that PR content is **primary** for humans to write. I 
think it's primary to show intentions and reasoning - and whether it's human or 
AI written is secondary.
   
   I think **clear sections** showing Human/AI **when** (and only when) most of 
the code was generated by AI and human only specified and verified the 
intention - is a good idea. This nicely separates "human intention" from the 
"machine generated implementation".
   
   I believe this is absolutely the future way of thinking of PRs: Humans 
specifying intentions, Machines implementing it (with human overlook). The next 
step I see: attach a mini-design explaining the intentions of features and 
bigger changes (ADRs or design docs). And building harnesses that will allow 
maintainers - via combination of deterministic harnesses and agents verify if 
the intention is properly implemented, verifying performance issues, security 
and the like. 
   
   This is a very nice step where we clearly separate what's human's and what's 
not. 


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to