kacpermuda commented on PR #71312:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/71312#issuecomment-5831899445

   > I was wondering: should a hook-scoped hook_lineage: false also suppress 
that hook's SQL per-query events? Right now only its datasets are dropped.
   
   Good question, maybe we should have another key to be able to control these 
query events? I also have it on my todo list to allow control over whether or 
not external db calls are made by hooks / operators, I think this is also 
another control we'll be adding, so maybe this is the direction we can go to. 
The only downside I see now, is that we're starting to have a lot of 
combinations of scope + control that are valid, some that are invalid and it's 
getting hard to track. We might have to improve our docs on that and also 
improve logs to make sure we're very verbose on what's permitted and what's not.
   
   I'll not be around for more than two weeks now to review this PR, but maybe 
@mobuchowski will find a moment 🤞 


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to