xBis7 commented on code in PR #69809:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/69809#discussion_r4104661981


##########
shared/observability/src/airflow_shared/observability/traces/__init__.py:
##########
@@ -248,11 +267,21 @@ def _load_exporter_from_env() -> SpanExporter:
     return ep.load()()
 
 
+def set_debug_traces_enabled(enabled: bool) -> None:
+    """Set the debug-traces flag on this module instance."""
+    global _otel_debug_traces_on
+    _otel_debug_traces_on = enabled
+
+
 def configure_otel(conf: ConfigParser):
+    global _otel_debug_traces_on
+
     otel_on = conf.getboolean("traces", "otel_on", fallback=False)
     if not otel_on:
         return
 
+    _otel_debug_traces_on = conf.getboolean("traces", "otel_debug_traces_on", 
fallback=False)

Review Comment:
   I see. Let me add a unit test that just checks the flag for the sdk. I would 
rather not check for specific span names because I had to rename them 3 times 
since I opened the PR. Functions get refactored/renamed and then the spans have 
to change as well during a rebase.



-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to