zach-overflow commented on issue #67799:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/67799#issuecomment-5895364502

   @Dev-iL I was looking into the call pathways for potentially migrating 
`/task-instances/states` (`get_task_instance_states`), but I'm curious about 
this point in the `SKILL.md` in 
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/73405/changes : 
   
   > Do not pass an `AsyncSession` to `@provide_session` or synchronous model 
methods.
   `AsyncSession.run_sync` adapts SQLAlchemy work through a greenlet; it does 
not make
   arbitrary network, filesystem, or secrets-backend calls nonblocking.
   
   Is the intent here to reduce the scope of alterations for async onboarding? 
Or are there other reasons to use `AsyncSession.run_sync` instead of defining 
an async version of the `@provide_session`-decorated methods? I found it was 
not difficult to define a `@provide_session_async` decorator, and modify / add 
coroutines as needed without having to do any sync thread offloading calls.
   
   If there is a need for the `@provide_session_async` decorator I can 
contribute that as a standalone. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding the 
constraints though.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to