ccoliu commented on PR #72425:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/72425#issuecomment-5931382872

   Thanks for the review and the discussion on #72386! Before updating the PR, 
I'd like to confirm two details:
   
   1. Which states count as "pending"? I'm thinking: allow `none`, `scheduled`, 
`up_for_reschedule` (and possibly `up_for_retry`); disallow `queued` (could be 
picked up any moment), `running`, `deferred`, `restarting`, and all finished 
states. Does that match what you had in mind?
   2. Where should the gate live? Since the dialog can also include 
upstream/downstream/past/future task instances, a check on the selected task 
alone in the UI isn't enough. Should we enforce it in the PATCH task instance 
endpoint when `new_state` is `skipped` (rejecting, or filtering out, 
non-pending TIs), or keep it UI-only for now?
   
   I'd also suggest limiting this PR to single task instances (dropping skipped 
from the task group and bulk actions) to keep the scope manageable, unless 
you'd prefer otherwise.
   
   Then I'll add the info text in the modal and a docs note on the cascade-skip 
behavior with the default `all_success` trigger rule.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to