kadubhumika commented on code in PR #74093:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/74093#discussion_r4181421464
##########
airflow-core/src/airflow/utils/sqlalchemy.py:
##########
@@ -291,6 +291,73 @@ def load_dialect_impl(self, dialect):
return super().load_dialect_impl(dialect)
+class DagRunConfJSON(TypeDecorator):
Review Comment:
Thanks @ashb I traced the full path through _FrameMixin.as_bytes()
and also inspected #73783.
I see that #73783 already addresses the MessagePack OverflowError
by preserving oversized integers through a MessagePack extension.
The remaining difference is the separate float → int conversion caused
by the PostgreSQL JSONB round trip. For example, 1.7E308 is a float
before persistence but becomes a 309-digit int after reading it back.
So I understand now that the encoding crash and the numeric-type
preservation are separate issues. Before changing the implementation,
I'd like to confirm whether Airflow 3 is expected to preserve the
original float type here, or whether #73783's exact-int behavior is
the intended semantics. Sorry Next time before working on any issues or prs
i will first t inspect all existing's prs on it.. Thank you .. I learned a
lott..
--
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]