ferruzzi commented on PR #74126:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/74126#issuecomment-6000116998

   I actually looked into this a little more based on the CI failure and I 
think my solution only works on Duck 1.5.0+, which is another argument against 
this fix; we'd at least have to gate it behind a version check AND still add 
the requirements to the docs (and fix the CDK for the system test runner on the 
AWS side) either way.  Before 1.5 the `home_directory` wasn't accepted as a 
config-time config option (hence the CI failure) and there is a bug report on 
1.3.2 saying it didn't actually work back then.
   
   So this fix would/could only work in 1.5.0+, we'd either need a more robust 
fix (like using `SET home_directory='...'` after connecting, maybe?  untested, 
but I think that's the next thing I would try) or use this fix behind a version 
check and bump minver.
   
   But based on Niko's comment, I'll close this PR and put up a new one this 
afternoon which just adds some docs and makes it explicit that this is an 
environment requirement.  We can revisit if we want to add this later, gate it 
behind a proper Duck version check, etc, but the docs should be updated either 
way and would be universal instead of only fixing `latest`.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to