Jeoffreybauvin opened a new issue, #74394:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/74394

   ### Under which category would you file this issue?
   
   Airflow Core
   
   ### Apache Airflow version
   
   3.3.1
   
   ### What happened and how to reproduce it?
   
   I'm trying to debug a high memory usage from the api-server.
   
   Here is what seems to be the issue : 
   
   ```
   curl -H "Authorization: Bearer ...."  -k -s  
"https://localhost:8080/ui/structure/structure_data?dag_id=my_dag"; -v -o 
/dev/null -s -w '%{time_total}\n'
   15.538918
   ```
   
   This call takes always 15 to 17 secondes to run. And in the meantime, ram 
usage for the api-server rise from 700 Mo to 5 Go : 
   
   
   ```
   CONTAINER ID   NAME                                             CPU %     
MEM USAGE / LIMIT   MEM %     NET I/O           BLOCK I/O         PIDS
   0ae97870d109   airflow-webserver         101.71%   5.126GiB / 47GiB    
10.91%    5.19GB / 28.1MB   89.1MB / 16.4kB   20
   ```
   
   My dag is pretty big, but not "too big" : 
   
   This json is the result from the call to structure_data : 
   
   ```
   # cat result.json | jq '.nodes | length'
   282
   # cat result.json | jq '.edges | length'
   281
   ```
   
   I tried to use memray, but, sadly, it's not seing the same thing :( . The 
memory consumption from memray seems flat, not sure if it's profiling the right 
gunicorn worker...
   
   Not sure what to "test" now, I'm looking for help to debug this, and 
validate if it's a DAG issue ou an Airflow issue :(.
   
   ### What you think should happen instead?
   
   The call to "/ui/structure/structure_data?dag_id=my_dag" should not take 17 
secondes to run and should not consume 4 Go memory.
   
   ### Operating System
   
   Ubuntu 24.04.5 LTS
   
   ### Deployment
   
   Docker-Compose
   
   ### Apache Airflow Provider(s)
   
   _No response_
   
   ### Versions of Apache Airflow Providers
   
   ```
   apache-airflow-providers-amazon==9.35.1
   apache-airflow-providers-apache-cassandra==3.9.5
   apache-airflow-providers-apache-hdfs==4.13.0
   apache-airflow-providers-apache-kafka==1.16.0
   apache-airflow-providers-apache-spark==6.3.2
   apache-airflow-providers-celery==3.23.1
   apache-airflow-providers-cncf-kubernetes==10.21.1
   apache-airflow-providers-common-compat==1.18.0
   apache-airflow-providers-common-io==1.8.0
   apache-airflow-providers-common-messaging==2.0.4
   apache-airflow-providers-common-sql==2.1.1
   apache-airflow-providers-docker==4.5.9
   apache-airflow-providers-elasticsearch==6.9.0
   apache-airflow-providers-fab==3.8.1
   apache-airflow-providers-ftp==3.15.2
   apache-airflow-providers-git==0.4.3
   apache-airflow-providers-google==22.3.0
   apache-airflow-providers-grpc==3.9.5
   apache-airflow-providers-hashicorp==4.8.1
   apache-airflow-providers-http==6.0.5
   apache-airflow-providers-microsoft-azure==15.0.1
   apache-airflow-providers-microsoft-mssql==4.7.1
   apache-airflow-providers-mysql==6.6.2
   apache-airflow-providers-odbc==4.12.3
   apache-airflow-providers-openlineage==2.20.1
   apache-airflow-providers-opensearch==1.12.0
   apache-airflow-providers-oracle==4.6.3
   apache-airflow-providers-postgres==7.0.2
   apache-airflow-providers-redis==4.5.0
   apache-airflow-providers-sendgrid==4.2.4
   apache-airflow-providers-sftp==6.0.1
   apache-airflow-providers-slack==9.10.2
   apache-airflow-providers-smtp==3.0.3
   apache-airflow-providers-snowflake==6.16.1
   apache-airflow-providers-ssh==6.0.1
   apache-airflow-providers-standard==1.18.0
   ```
   
   ### Official Helm Chart version
   
   Not Applicable
   
   ### Kubernetes Version
   
   n/a
   
   ### Helm Chart configuration
   
   n/a
   
   ### Docker Image customizations
   
   n/a
   
   ### Anything else?
   
   ```
         AIRFLOW__EXECUTION_API__JWT_EXPIRATION_TIME: '86400'
         AIRFLOW__WORKERS__EXECUTION_API_RETRY_WAIT_MIN: '10'
         AIRFLOW__WORKERS__EXECUTION_API_TIMEOUT: '10'
         AIRFLOW__EXECUTION_API__JWT_AUDIENCE: airflow-task-api
         AIRFLOW__API_AUTH__JWT_ALGORITHM: HS512
         AIRFLOW__API__SERVER_TYPE: gunicorn
         AIRFLOW__API__WORKER_REFRESH_INTERVAL: 1800
         AIRFLOW__API__WORKERS: 8
   ```
   
   ### Are you willing to submit PR?
   
   - [ ] Yes I am willing to submit a PR!
   
   ### Code of Conduct
   
   - [x] I agree to follow this project's [Code of 
Conduct](https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to