Andrushika commented on PR #73806:
URL: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/73806#issuecomment-6033740467

   > I'm not sure this will fix #57174 though -- as dag parsing is needed 
before the child can know the desired timeout to report to the scheduler.
   
   I think this PR will fix that issue, since the log there shows the SIGTERM 
comes after parsing.
   
   
   
   > * I wonder if we need two timeouts like this:
   > * child gets sent the TaskWorkload
   > * Sends a SetTimeout to the supervisor of the dabgag import timeout 
(existing config)
   > * Then the child parses the dag
   > * Once done, either we send a 0 timeout to clear it in the parent;
   > * Or if the gap between this and the next is small enough (bear in mind 
things like listeners or other things could be involved here) just send a new 
SetTimeout with the desired timeout.
   > 
   > Given not all tasks have timesouts, I think the SetTimeout(0) approach is 
"it's always correct, and easier to reason about even if fractionaly slower"
   
   But yeah I agree we need this. Could we do it in a follow-up? (I would like 
to make this as small as possible)


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to