[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-637?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=15513640#comment-15513640
 ] 

Amit Sela commented on BEAM-637:
--------------------------------

[~staslev] do you think this ticket could be about "Spark runner to support 
JavaSerializer" instead ? this is only the symptom...

> WindowedValue$ValueInGlobalWindow is not serializable when using 
> JavaSerializer instead of Kryo 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: BEAM-637
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-637
>             Project: Beam
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: runner-spark
>            Reporter: Stas Levin
>            Assignee: Amit Sela
>
> When using {{JavaSerializer}} instead of {{KryoSerializer}} by configuring 
> {{JavaSparkContext}} with  {{"spark.serializer"}} set to 
> {{JavaSerializer.class.getCanonicalName()}}, an exception is thrown:
> {noformat}
> object not serializable (class: 
> org.apache.beam.sdk.util.WindowedValue$ValueInGlobalWindow, value: 
> ValueInGlobalWindow{value=hi there, pane=PaneInfo.NO_FIRING})
> {noformat}
> {noformat}
> Serialization stack:
>       - object not serializable (class: 
> org.apache.beam.sdk.util.WindowedValue$ValueInGlobalWindow, value: 
> ValueInGlobalWindow{value=hi there, pane=PaneInfo.NO_FIRING})
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.org$apache$spark$scheduler$DAGScheduler$$failJobAndIndependentStages(DAGScheduler.scala:1431)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$abortStage$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:1419)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$abortStage$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:1418)
>       at 
> scala.collection.mutable.ResizableArray$class.foreach(ResizableArray.scala:59)
>       at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayBuffer.foreach(ArrayBuffer.scala:47)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.abortStage(DAGScheduler.scala:1418)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$handleTaskSetFailed$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:799)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler$$anonfun$handleTaskSetFailed$1.apply(DAGScheduler.scala:799)
>       at scala.Option.foreach(Option.scala:236)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.handleTaskSetFailed(DAGScheduler.scala:799)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGSchedulerEventProcessLoop.doOnReceive(DAGScheduler.scala:1640)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGSchedulerEventProcessLoop.onReceive(DAGScheduler.scala:1599)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGSchedulerEventProcessLoop.onReceive(DAGScheduler.scala:1588)
>       at org.apache.spark.util.EventLoop$$anon$1.run(EventLoop.scala:48)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.scheduler.DAGScheduler.runJob(DAGScheduler.scala:620)
>       at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.runJob(SparkContext.scala:1832)
>       at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.runJob(SparkContext.scala:1845)
>       at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.runJob(SparkContext.scala:1858)
>       at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.runJob(SparkContext.scala:1929)
>       at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.count(RDD.scala:1157)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.api.java.JavaRDDLike$class.count(JavaRDDLike.scala:440)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.api.java.AbstractJavaRDDLike.count(JavaRDDLike.scala:46)
>       at 
> org.apache.beam.runners.spark.translation.streaming.StreamingEvaluationContext$1.call(StreamingEvaluationContext.java:175)
>       at 
> org.apache.beam.runners.spark.translation.streaming.StreamingEvaluationContext$1.call(StreamingEvaluationContext.java:172)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.api.java.JavaDStreamLike$$anonfun$foreachRDD$3.apply(JavaDStreamLike.scala:335)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.api.java.JavaDStreamLike$$anonfun$foreachRDD$3.apply(JavaDStreamLike.scala:335)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.DStream$$anonfun$foreachRDD$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$3.apply(DStream.scala:661)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.DStream$$anonfun$foreachRDD$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$3.apply(DStream.scala:661)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.ForEachDStream$$anonfun$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1.apply$mcV$sp(ForEachDStream.scala:50)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.ForEachDStream$$anonfun$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1.apply(ForEachDStream.scala:50)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.ForEachDStream$$anonfun$1$$anonfun$apply$mcV$sp$1.apply(ForEachDStream.scala:50)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.DStream.createRDDWithLocalProperties(DStream.scala:426)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.ForEachDStream$$anonfun$1.apply$mcV$sp(ForEachDStream.scala:49)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.ForEachDStream$$anonfun$1.apply(ForEachDStream.scala:49)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.dstream.ForEachDStream$$anonfun$1.apply(ForEachDStream.scala:49)
>       at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:161)
>       at org.apache.spark.streaming.scheduler.Job.run(Job.scala:39)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.scheduler.JobScheduler$JobHandler$$anonfun$run$1.apply$mcV$sp(JobScheduler.scala:224)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.scheduler.JobScheduler$JobHandler$$anonfun$run$1.apply(JobScheduler.scala:224)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.scheduler.JobScheduler$JobHandler$$anonfun$run$1.apply(JobScheduler.scala:224)
>       at scala.util.DynamicVariable.withValue(DynamicVariable.scala:57)
>       at 
> org.apache.spark.streaming.scheduler.JobScheduler$JobHandler.run(JobScheduler.scala:223)
>       at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>       at 
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
> {noformat}
> This issue is reproducible with the {{SimpleStreamingWordCountTest#testRun}} 
> test (given {{JavaSerialiser}} is configured).



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to