Dear wiki user,
You have subscribed to a wiki page "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.
The page "Tips_&_Tricks_for_developers" has been deleted by JoanTouzet:
this doesn't work anymore, the entire build system has been reworked
- Collecting tips and tricks that makes a CouchDB developer's life easier.
- If you find yourself building CouchDB from scratch a lot the following shell
script function might save some typing. This is sh-script, but only tested on
bash. Add it to your `.bashrc` or `.profile` file or wherever you store shell
- if test -z "$1"; then
- echo "speficy target dir"
- ./bootstrap && \
- ./configure --prefix=$1 && \
- make -j4 && \
- make install
- It gives you a new command in your shell `buildcouch` (just change the
function name if you don't like it). Set the `make -j` value to the number of
cores in your system `+1`.
- cd Work/couchdb/trunk
- buildcouch /path/to/testinstall