maytasm commented on issue #9906:
URL: https://github.com/apache/druid/issues/9906#issuecomment-651639084


   I took a look at this issue. I believe this is a Calcite bug. This bug on 
Calcite was fixed in Calcite 1.23.0
   The bug is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-3845
   
   I tried to upgrade Calcite version in Druid but seems like there are 
breaking change from Calcite 1.21.0 (current version) to 1.23.0. We can fix the 
breaking change and upgrade Calcite version and that should fix this issue. 
Other than that maybe we can also improve the error message display in the UI. 
   
   Also, another workaround that can work without upgrading Calcite is to set 
`currentProgram.matchLimit`. I was also able to reproduce this issue with a 
test in CalciteQueryTest and confirm that the workarond setting a limit on 
matchLimit fix this issue without needing to upgrade. 


----------------------------------------------------------------
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
us...@infra.apache.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commits-unsubscr...@druid.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commits-h...@druid.apache.org

Reply via email to