kevinwilfong commented on PR #13105:
URL: https://github.com/apache/gluten/pull/13105#issuecomment-5824220496

   > > Maybe an off-topic, but I also noticed the bare native UDAFs are not 
registered to Spark function registry, since `getFunctionDescriptions` only 
handles the native UDFs. Is there any tech blocker against registering UDAFs as 
well? Or it was left unsupported on purpose?
   > 
   > This is in regards to #13016 ? No, I don't think there's any technical 
limitations preventing us from registering UDAFs as well, I can put up a PR for 
that.
   > 
   > Note that the change in this PR is somewhat orthogonal, my main motivation 
here was allowing us to simplify Velox UDFs with corresponding Spark 
implementations, though registering Velox-ony UDFs in the manner that PR allows 
should benefit in the same way.
   
   Filed https://github.com/apache/gluten/pull/13124 for this


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to