vinishjail97 commented on PR #20107:
URL: https://github.com/apache/hudi/pull/20107#issuecomment-5943444310

   Hi @chrevanthreddy, thank you for putting this re-port together, and for the 
initial vector search PRs.
   
   I tested this branch end to end on lakegres with the Hugging Face Wikipedia 
dataset (`CREATE INDEX ... USING VECTOR`, then `hudi_vector_search`). I ran 
into a few issues along the way and put the fixes I needed in a small stacked 
PR on your branch: chrevanthreddy/hudi#3. It has 9 commits, and most of them 
are a few lines each:
   
   - accept `vector_index` as an index type (`CREATE INDEX` failed without it)
   - record the bootstrap instant in the manifest (the freshness check failed 
every query right after bootstrap)
   - clamp the coarse KMeans cells to `vector.num_clusters`
   - store extended RaBitQ planes MSB-first, which the scorer expects for bits 
>= 3
   - validate metric/bits at DDL with an `l2` default, and require COW plus a 
record index
   - handle bits=1 when the dimension is not a multiple of 64
   - a new end-to-end `TestHoodieVectorIndexSearch`, so CI covers this flow
   
   Please feel free to take, change, or drop any of these. You know this code 
better than I do. The PR description also lists a few follow-ups that I did not 
try to fix: incremental updates, partitioned RLI (#20106), chunked centroids, 
and bits=1 cosine/dot scoring. I would be glad to pair on any of them.
   
   Thanks again!
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to