diegomrsantos commented on PR #4092:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iggy/pull/4092#issuecomment-5631309350

   Thanks for the fixes, Hubert. I'd like to help strengthen confidence in the 
PR's core acknowledgment guarantee. Awaited success requires quorum commit 
under the selected policy, and `persisted` additionally requires recoverable 
copies of the operation and its required predecessors on the quorum.
   
   The existing storage tests already exercise the predecessor dependency. I'd 
like to extend that coverage to the client reply through the partition and 
consensus code, starting with `durability=replicated` and 
`consumer_offset_durability=persisted`. The test would delay synchronization of 
preceding message bodies so a durable quorum cannot form, verify that the 
offset request receives no success, then allow enough replicas to finish and 
verify completion.
   
   I'll first check how this fits the existing partition fixtures. From there, 
I'd look for missing cases involving persistence failures and stale completions 
after fencing, alongside controls for successful progress and independent 
policy selection. Let me know if someone is already covering this path.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to