diff --git a/tomee-server/src/main/server/lib/openjpa-2.4.1-LICENSE
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,491 +0,0 @@
- Apache License
- Version 2.0, January 2004
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE, REPRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION
- 1. Definitions.
- "License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction,
- and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document.
- "Licensor" shall mean the copyright owner or entity authorized by
- the copyright owner that is granting the License.
- "Legal Entity" shall mean the union of the acting entity and all
- other entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common
- control with that entity. For the purposes of this definition,
- "control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the
- direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or
- otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the
- outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such entity.
- "You" (or "Your") shall mean an individual or Legal Entity
- exercising permissions granted by this License.
- "Source" form shall mean the preferred form for making modifications,
- including but not limited to software source code, documentation
- source, and configuration files.
- "Object" form shall mean any form resulting from mechanical
- transformation or translation of a Source form, including but
- not limited to compiled object code, generated documentation,
- and conversions to other media types.
- "Work" shall mean the work of authorship, whether in Source or
- Object form, made available under the License, as indicated by a
- copyright notice that is included in or attached to the work
- (an example is provided in the Appendix below).
- "Derivative Works" shall mean any work, whether in Source or Object
- form, that is based on (or derived from) the Work and for which the
- editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications
- represent, as a whole, an original work of authorship. For the purposes
- of this License, Derivative Works shall not include works that remain
- separable from, or merely link (or bind by name) to the interfaces of,
- the Work and Derivative Works thereof.
- "Contribution" shall mean any work of authorship, including
- the original version of the Work and any modifications or additions
- to that Work or Derivative Works thereof, that is intentionally
- submitted to Licensor for inclusion in the Work by the copyright owner
- or by an individual or Legal Entity authorized to submit on behalf of
- the copyright owner. For the purposes of this definition, "submitted"
- means any form of electronic, verbal, or written communication sent
- to the Licensor or its representatives, including but not limited to
- communication on electronic mailing lists, source code control systems,
- and issue tracking systems that are managed by, or on behalf of, the
- Licensor for the purpose of discussing and improving the Work, but
- excluding communication that is conspicuously marked or otherwise
- designated in writing by the copyright owner as "Not a Contribution."
- "Contributor" shall mean Licensor and any individual or Legal Entity
- on behalf of whom a Contribution has been received by Licensor and
- subsequently incorporated within the Work.
- 2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of
- this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual,
- worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
- copyright license to reproduce, prepare Derivative Works of,
- publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute the
- Work and such Derivative Works in Source or Object form.
- 3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of
- this License, each Contributor hereby grants to You a perpetual,
- worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable
- (except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have made,
- use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the Work,
- where such license applies only to those patent claims licensable
- by such Contributor that are necessarily infringed by their
- Contribution(s) alone or by combination of their Contribution(s)
- with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If You
- institute patent litigation against any entity (including a
- cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging that the Work
- or a Contribution incorporated within the Work constitutes direct
- or contributory patent infringement, then any patent licenses
- granted to You under this License for that Work shall terminate
- as of the date such litigation is filed.
- 4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the
- Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without
- modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You
- meet the following conditions:
- (a) You must give any other recipients of the Work or
- Derivative Works a copy of this License; and
- (b) You must cause any modified files to carry prominent notices
- stating that You changed the files; and
- (c) You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works
- that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and
- attribution notices from the Source form of the Work,
- excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of
- the Derivative Works; and
- (d) If the Work includes a "NOTICE" text file as part of its
- distribution, then any Derivative Works that You distribute must
- include a readable copy of the attribution notices contained
- within such NOTICE file, excluding those notices that do not
- pertain to any part of the Derivative Works, in at least one
- of the following places: within a NOTICE text file distributed
- as part of the Derivative Works; within the Source form or
- documentation, if provided along with the Derivative Works; or,
- within a display generated by the Derivative Works, if and
- wherever such third-party notices normally appear. The contents
- of the NOTICE file are for informational purposes only and
- do not modify the License. You may add Your own attribution
- notices within Derivative Works that You distribute, alongside
- or as an addendum to the NOTICE text from the Work, provided
- that such additional attribution notices cannot be construed
- as modifying the License.
- You may add Your own copyright statement to Your modifications and
- may provide additional or different license terms and conditions
- for use, reproduction, or distribution of Your modifications, or
- for any such Derivative Works as a whole, provided Your use,
- reproduction, and distribution of the Work otherwise complies with
- the conditions stated in this License.
- 5. Submission of Contributions. Unless You explicitly state otherwise,
- any Contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the Work
- by You to the Licensor shall be under the terms and conditions of
- this License, without any additional terms or conditions.
- Notwithstanding the above, nothing herein shall supersede or modify
- the terms of any separate license agreement you may have executed
- with Licensor regarding such Contributions.
- 6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the trade
- names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor,
- except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the
- origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.
- 7. Disclaimer of Warranty. Unless required by applicable law or
- agreed to in writing, Licensor provides the Work (and each
- Contributor provides its Contributions) on an "AS IS" BASIS,
- WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
- implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions
- of TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A
- PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You are solely responsible for determining the
- appropriateness of using or redistributing the Work and assume any
- risks associated with Your exercise of permissions under this License.
- 8. Limitation of Liability. In no event and under no legal theory,
- whether in tort (including negligence), contract, or otherwise,
- unless required by applicable law (such as deliberate and grossly
- negligent acts) or agreed to in writing, shall any Contributor be
- liable to You for damages, including any direct, indirect, special,
- incidental, or consequential damages of any character arising as a
- result of this License or out of the use or inability to use the
- Work (including but not limited to damages for loss of goodwill,
- work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, or any and all
- other commercial damages or losses), even if such Contributor
- has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- 9. Accepting Warranty or Additional Liability. While redistributing
- the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer,
- and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity,
- or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this
- License. However, in accepting such obligations, You may act only
- on Your own behalf and on Your sole responsibility, not on behalf
- of any other Contributor, and only if You agree to indemnify,
- defend, and hold each Contributor harmless for any liability
- incurred by, or claims asserted against, such Contributor by reason
- of your accepting any such warranty or additional liability.
- END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- APPENDIX: How to apply the Apache License to your work.
- To apply the Apache License to your work, attach the following
- boilerplate notice, with the fields enclosed by brackets ""
- replaced with your own identifying information. (Don't include
- the brackets!) The text should be enclosed in the appropriate
- comment syntax for the file format. We also recommend that a
- file or class name and description of purpose be included on the
- same "printed page" as the copyright notice for easier
- identification within third-party archives.
- Copyright [yyyy] [name of copyright owner]
- Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
- you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
- You may obtain a copy of the License at
- Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
- distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
- WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
- See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
- limitations under the License.
- LICENSES FOR INCLUDED DEPENDENCIES
-All the source code for the OpenJPA project is released under the
-license above. Additionally, the OpenJPA binary distribution
-includes a number of third-party files that are required in
-order to the software to function. Unless noted below, these jars
-and resource files are also released under the ASF license above.
-The exceptions are as follows:
- orm-xsd.rsrc - CDDL 1.0 - included in the openjpa jar, taken from:
- orm_2_0-xsd.rsrc - CDDL 1.0 - included in the openjpa jar, taken from:
- persistence-xsd.rsrc - CDDL 1.0 - included in the openjpa jar, taken from:
- persistence_2_0-xsd.rsrc - CDDL 1.0 - included in the openjpa jar, taken
-COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL) Version 1.0
- 1.1. Contributor. means each individual or entity that creates or
contributes to the creation of Modifications.
- 1.2. Contributor Version. means the combination of the Original Software,
prior Modifications used by a Contributor (if any), and the Modifications made
by that particular Contributor.
- 1.3. Covered Software. means (a) the Original Software, or (b)
Modifications, or (c) the combination of files containing Original Software
with files containing Modifications, in each case including portions thereof.
- 1.4. Executable. means the Covered Software in any form other than Source
- 1.5. Initial Developer. means the individual or entity that first makes
Original Software available under this License.
- 1.6. Larger Work. means a work which combines Covered Software or portions
thereof with code not governed by the terms of this License.
- 1.7. License. means this document.
- 1.8. Licensable. means having the right to grant, to the maximum extent
possible, whether at the time of the initial grant or subsequently acquired,
any and all of the rights conveyed herein.
- 1.9. Modifications. means the Source Code and Executable form of any of the
- A. Any file that results from an addition to, deletion from or
modification of the contents of a file containing Original Software or previous
- B. Any new file that contains any part of the Original Software or
previous Modification; or
- C. Any new file that is contributed or otherwise made available under
the terms of this License.
- 1.10. Original Software. means the Source Code and Executable form of
computer software code that is originally released under this License.
- 1.11. Patent Claims. means any patent claim(s), now owned or hereafter
acquired, including without limitation, method, process, and apparatus claims,
in any patent Licensable by grantor.
- 1.12. Source Code. means (a) the common form of computer software code in
which modifications are made and (b) associated documentation included in or
with such code.
- 1.13. You. (or .Your.) means an individual or a legal entity exercising
rights under, and complying with all of the terms of, this License. For legal
entities, .You. includes any entity which controls, is controlled by, or is
under common control with You. For purposes of this definition, .control. means
(a) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such
entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (b) ownership of more than fifty
percent (50%) of the outstanding shares or beneficial ownership of such entity.
-2. License Grants.
- 2.1. The Initial Developer Grant.
- Conditioned upon Your compliance with Section 3.1 below and subject to
third party intellectual property claims, the Initial Developer hereby grants
You a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license:
- (a) under intellectual property rights (other than patent or
trademark) Licensable by Initial Developer, to use, reproduce, modify, display,
perform, sublicense and distribute the Original Software (or portions thereof),
with or without Modifications, and/or as part of a Larger Work; and
- (b) under Patent Claims infringed by the making, using or selling of
Original Software, to make, have made, use, practice, sell, and offer for sale,
and/or otherwise dispose of the Original Software (or portions thereof).
- (c) The licenses granted in Sections 2.1(a) and (b) are effective on
the date Initial Developer first distributes or otherwise makes the Original
Software available to a third party under the terms of this License.
- (d) Notwithstanding Section 2.1(b) above, no patent license is
granted: (1) for code that You delete from the Original Software, or (2) for
infringements caused by: (i) the modification of the Original Software, or (ii)
the combination of the Original Software with other software or devices.
- 2.2. Contributor Grant.
- Conditioned upon Your compliance with Section 3.1 below and subject to
third party intellectual property claims, each Contributor hereby grants You a
world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license:
- (a) under intellectual property rights (other than patent or
trademark) Licensable by Contributor to use, reproduce, modify, display,
perform, sublicense and distribute the Modifications created by such
Contributor (or portions thereof), either on an unmodified basis, with other
Modifications, as Covered Software and/or as part of a Larger Work; and
- (b) under Patent Claims infringed by the making, using, or selling of
Modifications made by that Contributor either alone and/or in combination with
its Contributor Version (or portions of such combination), to make, use, sell,
offer for sale, have made, and/or otherwise dispose of: (1) Modifications made
by that Contributor (or portions thereof); and (2) the combination of
Modifications made by that Contributor with its Contributor Version (or
portions of such combination).
- (c) The licenses granted in Sections 2.2(a) and 2.2(b) are effective
on the date Contributor first distributes or otherwise makes the Modifications
available to a third party.
- (d) Notwithstanding Section 2.2(b) above, no patent license is
granted: (1) for any code that Contributor has deleted from the Contributor
Version; (2) for infringements caused by: (i) third party modifications of
Contributor Version, or (ii) the combination of Modifications made by that
Contributor with other software (except as part of the Contributor Version) or
other devices; or (3) under Patent Claims infringed by Covered Software in the
absence of Modifications made by that Contributor.
-3. Distribution Obligations.
- 3.1. Availability of Source Code.
- Any Covered Software that You distribute or otherwise make available in
Executable form must also be made available in Source Code form and that Source
Code form must be distributed only under the terms of this License. You must
include a copy of this License with every copy of the Source Code form of the
Covered Software You distribute or otherwise make available. You must inform
recipients of any such Covered Software in Executable form as to how they can
obtain such Covered Software in Source Code form in a reasonable manner on or
through a medium customarily used for software exchange.
- 3.2. Modifications.
- The Modifications that You create or to which You contribute are
governed by the terms of this License. You represent that You believe Your
Modifications are Your original creation(s) and/or You have sufficient rights
to grant the rights conveyed by this License.
- 3.3. Required Notices.
- You must include a notice in each of Your Modifications that identifies
You as the Contributor of the Modification. You may not remove or alter any
copyright, patent or trademark notices contained within the Covered Software,
or any notices of licensing or any descriptive text giving attribution to any
Contributor or the Initial Developer.
- 3.4. Application of Additional Terms.
- You may not offer or impose any terms on any Covered Software in Source
Code form that alters or restricts the applicable version of this License or
the recipients. rights hereunder. You may choose to offer, and to charge a fee
for, warranty, support, indemnity or liability obligations to one or more
recipients of Covered Software. However, you may do so only on Your own behalf,
and not on behalf of the Initial Developer or any Contributor. You must make it
absolutely clear that any such warranty, support, indemnity or liability
obligation is offered by You alone, and You hereby agree to indemnify the
Initial Developer and every Contributor for any liability incurred by the
Initial Developer or such Contributor as a result of warranty, support,
indemnity or liability terms You offer.
- 3.5. Distribution of Executable Versions.
- You may distribute the Executable form of the Covered Software under the
terms of this License or under the terms of a license of Your choice, which may
contain terms different from this License, provided that You are in compliance
with the terms of this License and that the license for the Executable form
does not attempt to limit or alter the recipient.s rights in the Source Code
form from the rights set forth in this License. If You distribute the Covered
Software in Executable form under a different license, You must make it
absolutely clear that any terms which differ from this License are offered by
You alone, not by the Initial Developer or Contributor. You hereby agree to
indemnify the Initial Developer and every Contributor for any liability
incurred by the Initial Developer or such Contributor as a result of any such
terms You offer.
- 3.6. Larger Works.
- You may create a Larger Work by combining Covered Software with other
code not governed by the terms of this License and distribute the Larger Work
as a single product. In such a case, You must make sure the requirements of
this License are fulfilled for the Covered Software.
-4. Versions of the License.
- 4.1. New Versions.
- Sun Microsystems, Inc. is the initial license steward and may publish
revised and/or new versions of this License from time to time. Each version
will be given a distinguishing version number. Except as provided in Section
4.3, no one other than the license steward has the right to modify this License.
- 4.2. Effect of New Versions.
- You may always continue to use, distribute or otherwise make the Covered
Software available under the terms of the version of the License under which
You originally received the Covered Software. If the Initial Developer includes
a notice in the Original Software prohibiting it from being distributed or
otherwise made available under any subsequent version of the License, You must
distribute and make the Covered Software available under the terms of the
version of the License under which You originally received the Covered
Software. Otherwise, You may also choose to use, distribute or otherwise make
the Covered Software available under the terms of any subsequent version of the
License published by the license steward.
- 4.3. Modified Versions.
- When You are an Initial Developer and You want to create a new license
for Your Original Software, You may create and use a modified version of this
License if You: (a) rename the license and remove any references to the name of
the license steward (except to note that the license differs from this
License); and (b) otherwise make it clear that the license contains terms which
differ from this License.
-5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY.
- COVERED SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED UNDER THIS LICENSE ON AN .AS IS. BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, WARRANTIES THAT THE COVERED SOFTWARE IS FREE OF DEFECTS,
MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK
AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE COVERED SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD
ANY COVERED SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU (NOT THE INITIAL
DEVELOPER OR ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR) ASSUME THE COST OF ANY NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART
OF THIS LICENSE. NO USE OF ANY COVERED SOFTWARE IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT
UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.
- 6.1. This License and the rights granted hereunder will terminate
automatically if You fail to comply with terms herein and fail to cure such
breach within 30 days of becoming aware of the breach. Provisions which, by
their nature, must remain in effect beyond the termination of this License
- 6.2. If You assert a patent infringement claim (excluding declaratory
judgment actions) against Initial Developer or a Contributor (the Initial
Developer or Contributor against whom You assert such claim is referred to as
.Participant.) alleging that the Participant Software (meaning the Contributor
Version where the Participant is a Contributor or the Original Software where
the Participant is the Initial Developer) directly or indirectly infringes any
patent, then any and all rights granted directly or indirectly to You by such
Participant, the Initial Developer (if the Initial Developer is not the
Participant) and all Contributors under Sections 2.1 and/or 2.2 of this License
shall, upon 60 days notice from Participant terminate prospectively and
automatically at the expiration of such 60 day notice period, unless if within
such 60 day period You withdraw Your claim with respect to the Participant
Software against such Participant either unilaterally or pursuant to a writte
n agreement with Participant.
- 6.3. In the event of termination under Sections 6.1 or 6.2 above, all
end user licenses that have been validly granted by You or any distributor
hereunder prior to termination (excluding licenses granted to You by any
distributor) shall survive termination.
-7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL YOU, THE INITIAL DEVELOPER, ANY
OTHER CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY DISTRIBUTOR OF COVERED SOFTWARE, OR ANY SUPPLIER OF
ANY OF SUCH PARTIES, BE LIABLE TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL,
INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER
FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN
IF SUCH PARTY SHALL HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL
INJURY RESULTING FROM SUCH PARTY.S NEGLIGENCE TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW
PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND
LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
-8. U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS.
- The Covered Software is a .commercial item,. as that term is defined in 48
C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct. 1995), consisting of .commercial computer software. (as that
term is defined at 48 C.F.R. ? 252.227-7014(a)(1)) and .commercial computer
software documentation. as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept.
1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through
227.7202-4 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users acquire Covered Software
with only those rights set forth herein. This U.S. Government Rights clause is
in lieu of, and supersedes, any other FAR, DFAR, or other clause or provision
that addresses Government rights in computer software under this License.
- This License represents the complete agreement concerning subject matter
hereof. If any provision of this License is held to be unenforceable, such
provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it
enforceable. This License shall be governed by the law of the jurisdiction
specified in a notice contained within the Original Software (except to the
extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise), excluding such
jurisdiction.s conflict-of-law provisions. Any litigation relating to this
License shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts located in the
jurisdiction and venue specified in a notice contained within the Original
Software, with the losing party responsible for costs, including, without
limitation, court costs and reasonable attorneys. fees and expenses. The
application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International
Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Any law or regulation which provides that
the language of a contract sha
ll be construed against the drafter shall not apply to this License. You agree
that You alone are responsible for compliance with the United States export
administration regulations (and the export control laws and regulation of any
other countries) when You use, distribute or otherwise make available any
-10. RESPONSIBILITY FOR CLAIMS.
- As between Initial Developer and the Contributors, each party is
responsible for claims and damages arising, directly or indirectly, out of its
utilization of rights under this License and You agree to work with Initial
Developer and Contributors to distribute such responsibility on an equitable
basis. Nothing herein is intended or shall be deemed to constitute any
admission of liability.
- NOTICE PURSUANT TO SECTION 9 OF THE COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION
- The code released under the CDDL shall be governed by the laws of the State
of California (excluding conflict-of-law provisions). Any litigation relating
to this License shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Federal Courts of
the Northern District of California and the state courts of the State of
California, with venue lying in Santa Clara County, California.
-The GNU General Public License (GPL) Version 2, June 1991
-Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc. 59 Temple Place, Suite
330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
-Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies of this license
document, but changing it is not allowed.
-The licenses for most software are designed to take away your freedom to share
and change it. By contrast, the GNU General Public License is intended to
guarantee your freedom to share and change free software--to make sure the
software is free for all its users. This General Public License applies to most
of the Free Software Foundation's software and to any other program whose
authors commit to using it. (Some other Free Software Foundation software is
covered by the GNU Library General Public License instead.) You can apply it to
your programs, too.
-When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our
General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to
distribute copies of free software (and charge for this service if you wish),
that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change
the software or use pieces of it in new free programs; and that you know you
can do these things.
-To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid anyone to
deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights. These restrictions
translate to certain responsibilities for you if you distribute copies of the
software, or if you modify it.
-For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for
a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that you have. You must make
sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them
these terms so they know their rights.
-We protect your rights with two steps: (1) copyright the software, and (2)
offer you this license which gives you legal permission to copy, distribute
and/or modify the software.
-Also, for each author's protection and ours, we want to make certain that
everyone understands that there is no warranty for this free software. If the
software is modified by someone else and passed on, we want its recipients to
know that what they have is not the original, so that any problems introduced
by others will not reflect on the original authors' reputations.
-Finally, any free program is threatened constantly by software patents. We
wish to avoid the danger that redistributors of a free program will
individually obtain patent licenses, in effect making the program proprietary.
To prevent this, we have made it clear that any patent must be licensed for
everyone's free use or not licensed at all.
-The precise terms and conditions for copying, distribution and modification
-TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION
-0. This License applies to any program or other work which contains a notice
placed by the copyright holder saying it may be distributed under the terms of
this General Public License. The "Program", below, refers to any such program
or work, and a "work based on the Program" means either the Program or any
derivative work under copyright law: that is to say, a work containing the
Program or a portion of it, either verbatim or with modifications and/or
translated into another language. (Hereinafter, translation is included without
limitation in the term "modification".) Each licensee is addressed as "you".
-Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not covered
by this License; they are outside its scope. The act of running the Program is
not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered only if its contents
constitute a work based on the Program (independent of having been made by
running the Program). Whether that is true depends on what the Program does.
-1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program's source code as
you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and
appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and
disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License
and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the
Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
-You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may
at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
-2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it,
thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such
modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you
also meet all of these conditions:
- a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating
that you changed the files and the date of any change.
- b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or
in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be
licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this
- c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively when run,
you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in the most
ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate
copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that
you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under these
conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this License.
(Exception: if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print
such an announcement, your work based on the Program is not required to print
-These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If identifiable
sections of that work are not derived from the Program, and can be reasonably
considered independent and separate works in themselves, then this License, and
its terms, do not apply to those sections when you distribute them as separate
works. But when you distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a
work based on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms
of this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the entire
whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.
-Thus, it is not the intent of this section to claim rights or contest your
rights to work written entirely by you; rather, the intent is to exercise the
right to control the distribution of derivative or collective works based on
-In addition, mere aggregation of another work not based on the Program with
the Program (or with a work based on the Program) on a volume of a storage or
distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of this
-3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under
Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and
2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
- a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source
code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a
medium customarily used for software interchange; or,
- b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to
give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically
performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the
corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and
2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,
- c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to
distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only for
noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in object code
or executable form with such an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)
-The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making
modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the
source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface
definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation
of the executable. However, as a special exception, the source code distributed
need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or
binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the
operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself
accompanies the executable.
-If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering access to
copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent access to copy the
source code from the same place counts as distribution of the source code, even
though third parties are not compelled to copy the source along with the object
-4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program except as
expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify,
sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate
your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or
rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so
long as such parties remain in full compliance.
-5. You are not required to accept this License, since you have not signed it.
However, nothing else grants you permission to modify or distribute the Program
or its derivative works. These actions are prohibited by law if you do not
accept this License. Therefore, by modifying or distributing the Program (or
any work based on the Program), you indicate your acceptance of this License to
do so, and all its terms and conditions for copying, distributing or modifying
the Program or works based on it.
-6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the Program),
the recipient automatically receives a license from the original licensor to
copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to these terms and conditions.
You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the
rights granted herein. You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by
third parties to this License.
-7. If, as a consequence of a court judgment or allegation of patent
infringement or for any other reason (not limited to patent issues), conditions
are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or otherwise) that
contradict the conditions of this License, they do not excuse you from the
conditions of this License. If you cannot distribute so as to satisfy
simultaneously your obligations under this License and any other pertinent
obligations, then as a consequence you may not distribute the Program at all.
For example, if a patent license would not permit royalty-free redistribution
of the Program by all those who receive copies directly or indirectly through
you, then the only way you could satisfy both it and this License would be to
refrain entirely from distribution of the Program.
-If any portion of this section is held invalid or unenforceable under any
particular circumstance, the balance of the section is intended to apply and
the section as a whole is intended to apply in other circumstances.
-It is not the purpose of this section to induce you to infringe any patents or
other property right claims or to contest validity of any such claims; this
section has the sole purpose of protecting the integrity of the free software
distribution system, which is implemented by public license practices. Many
people have made generous contributions to the wide range of software
distributed through that system in reliance on consistent application of that
system; it is up to the author/donor to decide if he or she is willing to
distribute software through any other system and a licensee cannot impose that
-This section is intended to make thoroughly clear what is believed to be a
consequence of the rest of this License.
-8. If the distribution and/or use of the Program is restricted in certain
countries either by patents or by copyrighted interfaces, the original
copyright holder who places the Program under this License may add an explicit
geographical distribution limitation excluding those countries, so that
distribution is permitted only in or among countries not thus excluded. In such
case, this License incorporates the limitation as if written in the body of
-9. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of the
General Public License from time to time. Such new versions will be similar in
spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to address new problems
-Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the Program
specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and "any later
version", you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of
that version or of any later version published by the Free Software Foundation.
If the Program does not specify a version number of this License, you may
choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation.
-10. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free programs
whose distribution conditions are different, write to the author to ask for
permission. For software which is copyrighted by the Free Software Foundation,
write to the Free Software Foundation; we sometimes make exceptions for this.
Our decision will be guided by the two goals of preserving the free status of
all derivatives of our free software and of promoting the sharing and reuse of
-11. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR
THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE
STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE
PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU
ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
-12. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL
ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE
PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY
GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR
INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA
BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A
FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER
OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
-END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
-How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs
-If you develop a new program, and you want it to be of the greatest possible
use to the public, the best way to achieve this is to make it free software
which everyone can redistribute and change under these terms.
-To do so, attach the following notices to the program. It is safest to attach
them to the start of each source file to most effectively convey the exclusion
of warranty; and each file should have at least the "copyright" line and a
pointer to where the full notice is found.
- One line to give the program's name and a brief idea of what it does.
- Copyright (C)
- This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any
- This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
- You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59
Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
-Also add information on how to contact you by electronic and paper mail.
-If the program is interactive, make it output a short notice like this when it
starts in an interactive mode:
- Gnomovision version 69, Copyright (C) year name of author
- Gnomovision comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `show w'.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; type `show c' for details.
-The hypothetical commands `show w' and `show c' should show the appropriate
parts of the General Public License. Of course, the commands you use may be
called something other than `show w' and `show c'; they could even be
mouse-clicks or menu items--whatever suits your program.
-You should also get your employer (if you work as a programmer) or your
school, if any, to sign a "copyright disclaimer" for the program, if necessary.
Here is a sample; alter the names:
- Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the program
`Gnomovision' (which makes passes at compilers) written by James Hacker.
- signature of Ty Coon, 1 April 1989
- Ty Coon, President of Vice
-This General Public License does not permit incorporating your program into
proprietary programs. If your program is a subroutine library, you may consider
it more useful to permit linking proprietary applications with the library. If
this is what you want to do, use the GNU Library General Public License instead
of this License.
-"CLASSPATH" EXCEPTION TO THE GPL VERSION 2
-Certain source files distributed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. are subject to the
following clarification and special exception to the GPL Version 2, but only
where Sun has expressly included in the particular source file's header the
-"Sun designates this particular file as subject to the "Classpath" exception
as provided by Sun in the License file that accompanied this code."
-Linking this library statically or dynamically with other modules is making a
combined work based on this library. Thus, the terms and conditions of the GNU
General Public License Version 2 cover the whole combination.
-As a special exception, the copyright holders of this library give you
permission to link this library with independent modules to produce an
executable, regardless of the license terms of these independent modules, and
to copy and distribute the resulting executable under terms of your choice,
provided that you also meet, for each linked independent module, the terms and
conditions of the license of that module.? An independent module is a module
which is not derived from or based on this library.? If you modify this
library, you may extend this exception to your version of the library, but you
are not obligated to do so.? If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception
statement from your version.