tomatotomata commented on PR #11602:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11602#issuecomment-5185639861

   I traced the terminal cleanup path you outlined and agree that the 
final-history call should not silently reuse the best-effort realtime result. 
I?m thinking of separating final collection from `getCurrJobMetrics`, so a 
timeout or partial worker response propagates back through `subPlanDone` and 
leaves the task-group context available for the existing retry, while realtime 
polling keeps its bounded best-effort behavior. I also want to add a focused 
regression test around timeout, persistence, and cleanup before changing the 
lifecycle code.
   
   The current branch is still two commits behind `dev`, so I?m folding the 
design check and that sync into the next update. Let me know if you think a 
dedicated final-collection method fits better than returning an explicit 
completeness result.
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to