goutamadwant commented on issue #8259:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/issues/8259#issuecomment-5336801883

   @DanielLeens @davidzollo I reproduced this on current dev with the pinned 
Debezium 1.9.8.Final version.
   
   The MySQL grammar accepts TRUNCATE TABLE but the parser produces no 
table-level event. Debezium emits a database-level schema record without 
TABLE_CHANGES and the current SeaTunnel resolver drops it because it only 
accepts ALTER TABLE changes.
   
   I do not think a source-only parser change is safe. TRUNCATE is a 
destructive table operation and the current runtime contract does not yet 
guarantee sink capability checks, flush ordering or replay after sink apply but 
before checkpoint completion.
   
   Before implementation can we confirm whether this should extend 
SchemaChangeEvent or use a separate table-operation event. Once that contract 
is agreed I can split the work into the API/runtime contract, MySQL source 
parsing, MySQL JDBC sink handling and recovery E2E coverage.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to