DanielLeens commented on PR #10808:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/10808#issuecomment-5412547070

   Thanks for reading through the bootstrap analysis, @SEZ9. Before responding 
I re-fetched my own comment (`5389993039`) directly via the GitHub API to check 
the truncation claim, since this is the second time in this thread a "your 
comment was cut off" claim has come up on a comment I can see in full.
   
   It is not truncated. The raw body is 2833 characters and ends in a complete 
sentence: "...I'll re-verify them together with Issue 3 once a fix commit 
lands. I don't want to re-confirm any of them as resolved before I can see the 
actual diff, since the bootstrap fix itself could touch some of that surface." 
There is no cut-off point at "...when the active coordi" anywhere in the stored 
comment - that substring only appears mid-word inside the complete phrase 
"...member-list indication when the active coordinator can't be resolved...", 
which is followed by the rest of the list and the closing sentence above. So 
there is nothing missing to re-post here.
   
   For the record, since you already listed the five items accurately in your 
reply (CLI fallback selection, unknown-coordinator output, 
`incompatible-changes.md`, `telemetry.md`, `rest-api-v1.md` doc note, plus the 
`Collections` import nit) - yes, that's a correct summary of what's still open 
from my side, and I don't have anything to add or change on any of those six.
   
   The actual current blocker is unchanged and is not about docs: the `Build` 
check is still red on this exact head 
(`e92eea319952d44365cec9678e7d1d97eafa96cd`, checked just now via `gh pr 
checks`), and I re-verified the root cause I described still applies - 
`LiteNodeDropOutTcpIpJoiner.isThisNodeMasterCandidate()` 
(`LiteNodeDropOutTcpIpJoiner.java:255-257`) still contains the 
`node.isLiteMember()` early return that blocks a lite node from self-promoting 
to Hazelcast master. So the test's reordering (`secondServer`, a lite worker, 
booting alone before the non-lite `server`) still cannot form a cluster on its 
own on this head, and CI is not actionable yet.
   
   One more thing worth flagging while I'm here: I also checked the live merge 
status directly (`gh pr view --json mergeable,mergeStateStatus`), and this 
branch currently has a real merge conflict against `dev` (`mergeable: 
CONFLICTING`, `mergeStateStatus: DIRTY`), on top of the CI failure. That'll 
need to be resolved via a sync/rebase before the Build re-run can even be 
meaningful.
   
   Status from my side: still waiting on a fix for the test-bootstrap ordering 
(or reverting the container-start reorder in favor of a different way to 
exercise the lite-master scenario) plus a conflict-free sync with `dev`, before 
I can take another full pass.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to