DanielLeens commented on PR #11559:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11559#issuecomment-5421792656

   @SEZ9 Thanks for the quick turnaround. On your three points:
   
   1. **Shaded HOCON separator** — agreed, and thanks for confirming the root 
cause independently. That's the most consequential miss across this whole 
review, so a hand-built config object clearly isn't sufficient test coverage 
going forward — routing the new regression test through the real shaded parser 
is the right fix. I'll wait for that commit before re-deriving anything.
   
   2. **`kafka-connector-it (8, ubuntu-latest)` diagnosis, un-truncated** — 
apologies for whatever cut it off in rendering. Full paragraph from round 14, 
verbatim: "This PR does touch `KafkaSourceReader` on the normal path, so I 
traced it rather than waving it off. The added `synchronized (gateLock)` blocks 
(`:144`, `:187`, `:200`) are entered only by the source task thread in a 
non-gated job, so they are uncontended and cannot deadlock or stall; `pollNext` 
adds one volatile read; `copySplits` adds allocation but no blocking. Meanwhile 
the failing test class ran for 8,496 s in that job and the failure is the 
well-known `awaitStreamingPipelineReady` readiness timeout under runner load. 
I'm calling it environmental — but it must be re-confirmed on a rebased head, 
because this branch is 140 commits behind `dev` and that is by far the largest 
drift of any open PR I'm looking at right now." So: environmental on this head, 
but the call is provisional on the rebase — please re-run `ka
 fka-connector-it` after syncing `dev` rather than trusting this read on the 
stale head.
   
   3. **`KafkaSourceReader` deserialization** — I re-checked this specific spot 
against the current head (`76611dfa15`) before replying, since your note 
conflicts with what round 14 found. `KafkaSourceReader.java:418-444` 
(`KafkaGateObjectInputStream.resolveClass` / `isAllowedClass`) already 
restricts restored gate-split objects to an explicit allowlist of exact class 
names — `[B`, `java.lang.String`, `java.lang.Long`, `java.lang.Integer`, 
`KafkaSourceSplit`, `TopicPartition`, `TablePath` — and throws `IOException` on 
anything else. This is tighter than the other two `*ObjectInputStream` sites 
(which use package-prefix allowlists and still have the residual 
container-class breadth I flagged as Low); this one is a closed enum of exact 
names, so on my read it's already fixed, not open. Could you point me to the 
exact line or a second `readObject()` call you're still seeing as unguarded in 
this file? I don't want to talk past you if there's something I'm missing.
   
   Once the HOCON-separator fix and the rebase are up, I'll run the full 
round-15 pass on the fresh head.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to