SEZ9 commented on PR #11721:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11721#issuecomment-5594995642

   @SEPURI-SAI-KRISHNA thanks for laying both answers out with pointers, and 
@DanielLeens thanks for the re-check against `aea9854a1bb1`.
   
   **PR11721-F1.** Your explanation is consistent with what I asked to have 
confirmed: the section 4.2 `write(SeaTunnelRow)` reproduction and the section 
5.3 one-liner in `docs/en/architecture/features/multi-table.md` now use 
`element.getField(primaryKey.get())`, `int index = 0`, `(object.hashCode() & 
Integer.MAX_VALUE) % blockingQueues.size()` and `offerRowElement(index, 
element)`, and the `:::caution Known issue` block becomes a `:::note` 
explaining mask vs. `Math.abs`. The clarification that `replicaNum` only 
appears in the field listing and capacity-planning prose (never in a routing 
block), and that `extractPrimaryKeyIfPresent` appears nowhere on the page or in 
`MultiTableSinkWriter.java`, also makes sense — my summary named a mismatch 
that does not exist under that name. I'll mark this resolved once I've checked 
the docs diff itself; nothing further is needed from you on it unless that 
check turns up something.
   
   **PR11721-F2.** Deferring the helper extraction and keeping `(hash & 
Integer.MAX_VALUE) % n` inline is fine with me given the ordering you describe: 
per your comment, the shared `HashUtils.bucketIndex` helper did not exist at 
`aea9854a1` and landed on `dev` after this branch's last `dev` merge, and 
DanielLeens notes it uses the same formula, which would make this a dedup 
rather than a behavioural change. I haven't verified that independently, but 
with the follow-up issue you reference tracking the migration, I'm not blocking 
on it.
   
   One non-blocking ask: if you push anything else to this branch, a short 
comment at the inline expression pointing to that follow-up issue would help 
the next reader know the shared helper is the intended destination. If nothing 
else is pushed, I'm fine letting the follow-up pick that up.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:914 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to