SEZ9 commented on PR #11971:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/11971#issuecomment-5611938710

   @DanielLeens thanks for tracing the history on this re-review round — that 
is exactly the information I needed. Your diff of `bbb76bd99a` against the 
pre-merge head, restricted to `connector-jdbc`, `Jdbc.md` and 
`incompatible-changes.md`, showing zero changes to this PR's own files, tells 
me the new head is a pure conflict-resolution merge. I agree it does not 
warrant a fresh code re-review on its own, and I also saw your follow-up that 
the `Build` check on `bbb76bd99a` has completed successfully with no new 
commits since.
   
   One consequence of that, though: because the merge did not touch any PR 
files, the state of the findings from my earlier review is exactly what it was 
at `6bafd798fc`. Nothing in this thread tells me which of them were addressed 
before that head, so before I give the write-side approval I need a short 
status per item:
   
   - **PR11971-F1 (HIGH)** – `YashanDbCatalog.isSinglePhysicalTableQuery` 
closing the shared cached connection from `getConnection(defaultUrl)`, which 
poisons the catalog connection cache and makes the merge step always fail for 
YashanDB.
   - **PR11971-F2 (HIGH)** – the OceanBase/YashanDB overrides executing the 
full user query with no row limit just to read metadata.
   - **PR11971-F3 / F4 (MEDIUM)** – in `JdbcCatalogUtils`, the 
metadata-verified origin `TablePath` being discarded in favour of whatever the 
query-derived `TableIdentifier` carries, and the null database name for 
schema-only drivers causing `tableExists`/`getTable` to throw so the merge 
silently never applies.
   - **PR11971-F5 / F6 (MEDIUM)** – the changelog and `incompatible-changes.md` 
entries for the automatic metadata merge and the newly merged primary key on 
upgrade. You mention `incompatible-changes.md` is among the PR's files, so if 
it now covers this, a pointer is enough.
   - **PR11971-F7 / F8 (MEDIUM)** – the catalog path preparing/executing the 
query twice, and all fallback paths swallowing exceptions at DEBUG level.
   
   If these were resolved in commits leading up to `6bafd798fc`, a quick "fixed 
in …" per item (or "not fixed, here is why") is all I need; I will then 
re-check only those spots rather than re-auditing the PR. If any are still 
open, F1 and F2 are the ones I consider blocking, the rest can be argued either 
way.
   
   Thanks again for the careful work on the re-review scope — it made this 
round much easier.
   
   <!-- streview-comment:940 -->


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to