DanielLeens commented on PR #12156:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/12156#issuecomment-5713036609

   @SEZ9 I can answer both procedural questions directly, since I just 
re-checked this against the live PR rather than relying on the thread history.
   
   **Head commit.** Confirmed via the API right now: the PR's commit list is 
exactly `303a7574890b` -> `bf68705073ff` -> `4c25d9a62c68`, in that order, and 
`4c25d9a62c68f9a7e13e404c1a81b3a3c56886de` is the current tip. So yes, 
`bf6870507` is included - it's the immediate parent of the current head in that 
same chain, not a separate/older line. `4f5a779a1` isn't part of this PR's 
history at all; it doesn't appear in the three-commit list above, so 
CryoThrust's earlier phrasing there was just confusing wording about an 
unrelated commit, not a sign of two diverging heads to reconcile.
   
   **Null-state path for F1.** I pulled `PhysicalPlan.java` at the confirmed 
head (`4c25d9a62c68`) directly, not from memory:
   ```java
   public void cancelJob() {
       JobStatus jobStatus = getJobStatus();
       if (jobStatus.isEndState()) {
           ...
           return;
       }
       if (NOT_STARTED_STATUSES.contains(jobStatus)) {
   ```
   `getJobStatus()` still just returns `(JobStatus) 
runningJobStateIMap.get(jobId)`, so if that IMap entry is null, `jobStatus` is 
null and `jobStatus.isEndState()` throws an NPE before either branch of the 
not-started check is ever reached - same as `stopJob()`'s behavior today, and 
same as `cancelJob()`'s behavior before this PR (the old ordinal check sat 
behind the identical `isEndState()` guard). F1 never touched this path; what it 
removed was the second, independent IMap read potentially observing a different 
non-null status than the one `isEndState()` already validated. I don't think 
this PR needs a dedicated null-path test, since that NPE behavior predates it 
and isn't something F1's fix changed, but I wouldn't object to one landing as 
extra coverage if you'd still like it.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to