[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SIS-350?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16378427#comment-16378427
 ] 

Umesh Prabushitha Jayasinghe edited comment on SIS-350 at 2/27/18 11:21 AM:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm a 4th year computer science undergraduate. I've done android for the 
past few years in the university and I found this task interesting for gsoc 
2018 as well. If there are any further work to be done, I would like to 
contribute for this project and it would be helpful if you can guide me with 
the remaining work, if any.


was (Author: prabushitha):
Hi, I'm a 4th year computer science undergraduate. I've done android for the 
past few years in the university and I found this task interesting for gsoc 
2018. If there are any further work to be done, I would like to contribute for 
this project and it would be helpful if you can guide me with the remaining 
work, if any.

> Port Apache SIS to Android
> --------------------------
>
>                 Key: SIS-350
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SIS-350
>             Project: Spatial Information Systems
>          Issue Type: Task
>          Components: Features, Metadata, Referencing, Storage, Utilities
>            Reporter: Martin Desruisseaux
>            Priority: Major
>              Labels: gsoc2017, mentor
>
> Create an Apache SIS branch for Android. This will require the following work:
> * Simulate the JAXB framework if possible, or remove SIS usage of JAXB on the 
> Android branch. JAXB is extensively used in the metadata modules, but some 
> usages are found also in other modules.
> * Remove Java2D dependency. This work has already been anticipated by keeping 
> Java2D dependency in separated classes or packages. When a replacement is 
> available on the Android platform, the Java2D type should be substituted by 
> the replacement. This should include in particular 
> {{java.awt.geom.AffineTransform}}.
> * Get a JDBC implementation for SQLite. If needed, write code that adapt 
> on-the-fly the SQL statements used for the creation of EPSG dataset to SQL 
> statements compatible with SQLite.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

Reply via email to