papegaaij commented on PR #1605:
URL: https://github.com/apache/wicket/pull/1605#issuecomment-5756903239

   I don't think this really solves the issue. The need to always explicitly 
call `detach()` is simply replaced by the need to always register your model 
with `addAdditionalModel`. If you forget to call that method, you have the 
exact same problem. Also, there's now a new risk: forgetting to replace the 
model registration when changing the model. The reduction in LOC for components 
using this is minimal and the imposed overhead on memory size is substantial.
   
   I do see the problem with components with multiple models, but I'm not sure 
this is the way to fix it.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to