Chris Douglas wrote:
Speaking of the release vote process, I renew my request that we
formalize both the RM role and the bylaws. -C

I think the HTTPD release rules are non-controversial and would support adoption of something similar. Someone needs to draft a proposal, initiate a discussion, refine the draft, and finally vote to enact it. It's kind of like a release, in that its best if someone manages the process. Would you like to do this?

Similarly, for bylaws, we need someone to lead the process. The previous attempt started with a vote, rather than a discussion. That vote turned into a discussion that never turned back into a vote.

Doug