On Mar 17, 2011, at 1:19 PM, Jane Chen wrote:
> In 0.20.2, there are some Interface API that got deprecated
> (org.apache.hadoop.mapred), and their abstract class counter parts were
> introduced (org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce).  I read in the mailing list that
> now the deprecated APIs are considered more stable, and the other set are
> considered unstable and evolving.  Is that true?  So which set of API should
> I choose to extend/implement?

        I think the general view is that the old APIs will likely be good to go
for at least another year or so, especially since they were un-deprecated in
0.21.  (Which would mean that 0.22 would be the next opportunity to
re-deprecate them, then have them removed in 0.23). IIRC, one of the changes in
0.20.203 is to remove the deprecation flags.