FWIW: I can commit the OMPI part of your patch for you. The CCLA is intended to
ensure that people realize the need to protect OMPI from "infection" due to
code based on other licenses such as GPL. For people only offering a single
patch, it often is too big a burden to get corporate approval of the legal
document.

So as long as someone (e.g., me) who already is operating under the CCLA is
willing to review and commit the patch, and the patch isn't too huge, we can
absorb it that way. I expect your patch is just a new ess component, and I'm
happy to do the review and commit it on your behalf, if that is acceptable to
you.