Hi folks

As per earlier emails, I'm just about ready to release the Java MPI bindings. I
have one remaining issue and would appreciate some help.

We typically build OpenMPI dynamically. For the Java bindings, this means that
the JNI code underlying the Java binding must dynamically load OMPI plug-ins.
Everything works fine on Mac. However, on Linux, I am getting dynamic library
load errors.

I have tried setting -Djava.library.path and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the correct
locations. In both cases, I get errors from the JNI code indicating that it was
unable to open the specified dynamic library.

I have heard from one person that JNI may need to be built statically, and I
suppose it is possible that Apple's customized Java implementation specifically
resolved that problem. However, all the online documentation I can find
indicates that Java on Linux should also be able to load dynamic libraries -
but JNI is not specifically addressed.

Can any of you Java experts provide advice on this behavior? I'd like to get
these bindings released!

Thanks
Ralph