Hi folks

With support from EMC, several of us in the Open MPI community (including LANL,
Cisco, HLRS, Oracle, and IBM) have integrated Java bindings into the Open MPI
code. The new bindings are not part of a formal release as this time (will be
in the upcoming 1.7 series), but can be obtained from the Open MPI web site at:

http://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/trunk/

Instructions on how to build the binding support, build and run applications,
etc. can be found in our FAQ section:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=java

Please feel free to post questions and bug reports to the OMPI User mailing
list:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/ompi.php

I hope to release a version of Hamster in the not-too-distant future, once I
finally get the 0.23 Hadoop release branch to successfully build and run on at
least one of my machines (I've given up on the trunk). :-/

Ralph