Bobby,

  Thanks a lot for your clarification.
Yes as you said it is just a template, but it may
be quite confusing to new users while configuring.
I have raised the Issue <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8575>,
in case you might want to
have a look.Thanks

 Also I wanted to know is there a good source where I can
look upto for running a multi-node 2nd generation Hadoop ?
All I find is 1st generation Hadoop setup.

--

--With Regards
Pavan Kulkarni