Pavan,

A very important factor is how much CPU and how many spindles you have...

Your proposal for memory (44G in all) seems reasonable.

However, if you have 12 spindles and sufficient CPU I'd do something like 10 or
12 maps of 2G each and 6 reduces with 3G/4G each depending on how you want to
slice/dice your slots.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy