I think the fix for this is to set svn:eol-style to "native" on this
file.  It's set on many other files, just not on this one:

cmccabe@keter:~/hadoopST/trunk> svn propget svn:eol-style
./hadoop-project-dist/README.txt
native
cmccabe@keter:~/hadoopST/trunk> svn propget svn:eol-style
./hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html
cmccabe@keter:~/hadoopST/trunk>

It might also be a good idea to run dos2unix on it.

I thought that in general we wanted to have 'LF' everywhere, so
perhaps we should add this to the patch.sh script to prevent this from
re-occurring.

Colin